Thursday, November 10, 2011

Peanut Butter Cake



It was one of those days that I actually felt like cooking. Oh, don't get me wrong. I cook every day. But there are a lot of days that I'm not feeling the love of it...if you know what I mean. But I made a fabulous marinara sauce and cooked another round of those perfect meatballs. Then I made the Chicken Tortilla Soup...YUM! And I wasn't done yet. I needed a treat. And I had just the right thing to make. I had just seen a picture of a Peanut Butter Sheet Cake from http://www.pioneerwoman.com/ that looked like it would satisfy that home-cooked, "gotta-have-a-sweet" craving. You make the cake and frosting from scratch--why wouldn't it be good, right?

Peanut Butter Cake
2 cups Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Salt
2 sticks Butter
1 cup Water
1 cup Peanut Butter
½ cups Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 whole Eggs
Frosting:

1 stick Butter
½ cups Peanut Butter
6 teaspoons Milk
1 pound Powdered Sugar


In a large bowl, mix together sugar, baking soda, flour and salt. Set aside.
Combine butter, water and peanut butter in saucepan and bring to boil. Pour over flour mixture. Add milk, vanilla and eggs. Mix. Pour in large cookie sheet or jelly roll pan. Bake at 400F degrees for 20 minutes. To make the Frosting:
Bring butter, peanut butter and milk to boil in saucepan. Add one pound of powdered sugar. Pour warmed frosting over cooled cake.


**I added crushed Reese's Peanut Butter cups for some color and sheer yummy-ness! It was a hit. I took half of the cake to Pack Meeting and still have enough left to enjoy a piece with cold milk for breakfast! Protein--does a body good, right ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment