Wednesday, November 2, 2011

7-UP Biscuits





Last night I made the start of a very delicious White Bean and Chicken Soup. I wanted to put a yummy bread with it to complete the meal. Since I did all the work on the soup last night--I don't mind making a little effort for dinner today. I decided I'm going to make a new recipe I came across on http://www.pinterest.com/, called 7-Up Biscuits. After doing a little research about these fab finds, I think it's going to be a winner!


7-Up Biscuits


2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-up
1/4 cup melted butter



Preheat oven to 450. Cut sour cream into biscuit mix, add 7-Up. Makes a very soft dough. Sprinkle additional biscuit mix on board or table and pat dough out. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 9 inch square pan. Place cut biscuits in pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. [I'm going to double the recipe because of the size of my family. And I was loving the suggestion of http://www.plainchicken.com/, about making a breakfast sandwich out of the left-overs by adding a little meat and cheese. Whip up a little egg in the microwave, and you just might have a doppelganger for a McBiscuit ;)


Verdict: They are AWESOME! My kids were thrilled and said that I had to make them at least once a week. They were also incredibly good with some homemade jam and melted butter. Did I said-Winner? They are a definite keeper in the recipe department. Light, fluffy texture, with just the right amount of consistency to hold some yummies on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment